On Friday, November 16 in Vancouver Canada, University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law Professor Jorge Contreras will be given the EAB/SA Board of Governors Standards Education Award for “for outstanding contributions to understanding the interaction of standardization systems with intellectual property rights, and educating students, policy makers and the public regarding these issues.”
This award recognizes those who have:
- Actively promoted the integration of standards, including IEEE standards, into academic and corporate internal development programs;
- Provided support for education about standards needed in the design and development phases of professional practice (e.g., lectures, speaking engagements, tutorials, case studies, articles, etc.);
- Promoted the importance of standards in meeting technical, economic, environmental, political and societal challenges;
- Made significant and/or regular contributions of standards education materials (e.g., tutorials, case studies, articles, etc.);
- Provided content or materials to support education about the standards setting process.