Matthew W. Driggs, ’92, founded the Advocates Law Firm directly out of law school. During his time here he has successfully tried many personal injury cases to verdict and has argued before the Utah Supreme Court and the Utah Court of Appeals.
As part of Matt’s leadership of the Advocates the firm has engaged in numerous community initiatives and events. These include:
- Ride for Riders. The firm’s annual motorcycle ride (last year had over 300 riders) raises money for a fund (The Rider’s Fund) that is available to those if they’ve been injured in accident when they’re at fault;
- Continuing Education. The firm’s largest CE is a class for chiropractors, free of charge to them, where they can come and earn 6 credit hours during a daylong seminar. The other CE event is for insurance agents and is also free. The CE events allow the firm be become a resource for those they work with on a regular basis;
- All members of the firm get together and donate as much candy as they can to South Davis Community Hospital for their trick or treat;
- The firm donates turkeys and canned food to the Utah Food Bank and KBER’s Thanksgiving Drive;
- The firm donates to families in need/organizations, such as the Road Home and Angel Tree.
All of these community activities are in addition to the high quality work Matt himself performs and ensures is performed by every member of the team at the Advocates.