You may submit interlibrary loan requests only for materials that are not available from any of the libraries on our campus or from other alternative sources. All interlibrary loan requests are managed by the ILLiad system which is available via the Faust Law Library’s web site at https://utah.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/uvl/logon.html.
You may ask for books, book chapters, articles, microfiche, videotapes, conference proceedings, etc., and we will attempt to borrow the materials from other libraries. If we are successful, you will be notified by email when the item arrives. If we are not able to locate the item, we will notify you as well.
Individual Copyworkers are responsible for creating their own ILLiad accounts and keeping track of their own materials.
- Books, microfiche, and tape requests are made in ILLiad by clicking on the WorldCat link on the Law Library’s web site. Search for the title and select a record to match the publication year, then click “Faust Law Illiad Request” and login to ILLiad. The record will be download to your ILLiad loan request page automatically. Click the submit button.
- Article requests are made in ILLiad by clicking on the Secondary/Other Sources link on the Law Library’s web site and then clicking on EBSCOhost from the choices listed. Search the article and select a record match as close to your citation as possible, make sure the full text is not available, then click “Request this item through interlibrary loan” and login to ILLiad. The record will be downloaded to your ILLiad copy request page automatically. You may edit the request before you submit it. If you cannot find a matching article, you may complete and submit the photocopy request form on your own.
- Conference proceedings, cases, statutes, and book chapters are made in ILLiad by completing and submitting the request using the proper form.
- It takes approximately two weeks for Interlibrary Loan materials to arrive. Newspaper articles sometimes take even longer than we anticipate. If you are under a time constraint, you may need to explore other sources and not rely solely on Interlibrary Loan:
- Consult with a reference librarian for an alternate source.
- Check with your editors for the possibility of contacting the author if the Interlibrary Loan request was unsuccessful.
- Track your Interlibrary Loan requests in “View/Modify Your Outstanding Requests” after you logon to the ILLiad system for current status information.
- Request a renewal online within one week prior to your due date in order to extend your due date. If the due date has passed and you still wish to renew the item, please contact a member of the ILL staff. You will be notified whether your renewal is granted or denied.
- Return your Interlibrary Loan items on time.
- Books, microfiche, and videotapes can be picked up at the information desk on level one after you have been notified of their arrival.
- Articles can be downloaded from the “View/Download Electronically Received Articles” section of the Main Menu in ILLiad from any computer after you have been notified of their arrival.
Please let us know if you have any questions, problems, or requests. Contact Alicia Brillon Phone (801) 585-5318.