Sometimes, you may need to find an attorney’s public contact information. In addition to job seeking purposes, you might need this information to send at thank you note, follow up on a work or pro bono project, or contact speakers for an event you are organizing. Read on for some good ways to find this information.
- Search the bar directory for the state bar where the attorney practices. For Utah attorneys, Utah State Bar Attorney directory can be found at: http://www.utahbar.org/forms/members_directory_search.html . For other state directories, you can go to the National Conference of Bar Examiners website to get a listing. Go to: http://www.ncbex.org/bar-admissions/offices/
- Try Martindale, a nationwide listing of attorneys and firms: http://www.martindale.com/ . Here, you can also search by practice areas, schools, firm sizes and more.
- Use your Lexis and Westlaw resources.
- Google the attorney’s name and/or check out their employer website or LinkedIn profiles. Pretty self explanatory.
- If all else fails, contact PDO and we will help you!