FAQ: Where do I put my clinic on my resume and what do I call my position?

Your clinical experience may be listed in the “job” section of your resume, even though it is unpaid. The job title in most instances will be “intern” not “law clerk” or “judicial clerk”. Law clerks are generally paid, and judicial clerkships are post-graduate positions. “Extern” is also acceptable, although the Clinical Program at our law school refers to “judicial externs” as students who work up to 35 hours a week for a semester in a judicial placement.