Applications for the J.D. program will be available September 1. Completed applications must be submitted online through www.LSAC.org by March 10 to be considered on time. Financial Aid applications should be submitted by April 1.
2020-2021 Dates and Deadlines
September, 1 2020 – Application available
October 20, 2020 – Early Decision* application deadline
NOTE: The August 29, 2020 LSAT/LSAT Flex is the last exam considered for early decision.
November 10, 2020 – Early Decision* admission notification
January 15, 2021 – Recommended Application completion
NOTE: The November 7, 2020 LSAT/LSAT Flex is the last exam considered for the recommended application deadline.
March 10, 2021 – Application completion deadline
NOTE: The February 20, 2021 LSAT/LSAT Flex is the last exam considered for the application completion deadline.
*The early decision application is a binding process; thus, if you apply, and you are subsequently admitted, you commit to enroll at and attend the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law. If you submit your completed early decision application by October 18, you will be notified of your application status by November 8.
A file will be considered complete when the following have been received and processed:
- S.J. Quinney College of Law application submitted through the LSAC website
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score
- Personal statement
- Official Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report (CAS reports must include transcripts from all colleges or universities ever attended, regardless of credits being transferred or applied toward degree requirements. This includes college or university transcripts from high school concurrent enrollment programs.)
- Non-refundable $60 application fee
- One Letter of Recommendation
- For international applicants, foreign transcript evaluation from LSAC and a TOEFL score (if necessary)
- Preferred, but not required: One LSAC Evaluation