Vincent A. Cino Scholarship
The Vincent A. Cino Scholarship is provided through the generosity of the law firm of Jackson Lewis P.C. This scholarship is awarded to a student with a well-articulated interest in fields related to labor law or employment law with a desire to pursue a career in those fields.
- Fall Cash Award of $5,000
- Tuition Benefit for Fall Semester
- First-year law students: Applicants are to apply in Spring Semester of their first-year and the award is disbursed Fall Semester of second-year
- Interest in fields related to labor law or employment law with a desire to pursue a career in labor law or employment law
- 3.00 law school GPA
- Recipient is in some way underrepresented in the field of law including, but not limited to first-generation college graduate or from a socio-economically disadvantaged background
Application Requirements and Selection
Applicants must complete the Common Scholarship Application
- Written personal statement (approximately 500 words) explaining the applicant’s background that meets the eligibility requirements and basis for his or her interest in labor law or employment law
- Unofficial law school transcript
Members of the College of Law faculty or administration and a representative of the law firm of Jackson Lewis P.C. will select the recipient of the scholarship.