W. Cullen Battle
Cullen received his law degree from the University of Virginia, where he was an Editor of the Virginia Journal of Natural Resources Law. He has practiced at Fabian & Clendenin in Salt Lake City since 1981. He is a past chair of the Litigation Section of the Utah State Bar and currently serves on the Utah Supreme Court’s Advisory Committee on Civil Procedure. His areas of practice include environmental law, public lands law; land use and zoning; utility rights-of-way and complex litigation. Cullen is an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Utah, where he teaches Environmental Law Practice. In 1999, he was appointed by President Clinton to the Utah Reclamation Mitigation and Conservation Commission. He also serves on Salt Lake City’s Public Utilities Advisory Committee and recently served on the Utah Solid and Hazardous Waste Control Board.
Cullen has represented several conservation organizations, including Grand Canyon Trust, Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance, The Nature Conservancy, and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, on public lands issues in Utah. He has represented a coalition of conservation groups and public land users in a case involving a boundary determination of the bed of Utah Lake and he has represented land owners and conservation groups regarding the protection of wetlands around the Great Salt Lake.
Fabian & Clendenin
215 South State Street
P.O. Box 510210
Salt Lake City, Utah 84151
(801) 596-2814 (fax)
Fabian & Clendenin, Salt Lake City, Utah
Associate - 1981-87
Partner/Shareholder - 1987 to present.
Environmental law; public lands; land use and zoning; utility rights-of-way; complex civil litigation.
Professional & Civic:
- Utah Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Civil Procedure, 1995 to present.
- Chair, Salt Lake City Public Utilities Advisory Committee, 2002 - 07.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Utah, Environmental Law Practice.
- Utah Solid and Hazardous Waste Control Board, 1999-2004
- Utah Reclamation Mitigation and Conservation Commission, appointed by President Clinton, 1999-2003.
- Chair, Litigation Section Utah State Bar, 1993-94. Executive Committee 1990 to 1996.
- Co-editor, Model Utah Jury Instructions (Michie & Co.), 1992-94
- Admitted: United States Supreme Court, Utah Supreme Court, United States Courts of Appeals for the 10th Circuit and Federal Circuit and United States District Court for the District of Utah.