Michael Peter Petrogeorge
Michael P. Petrogeorge is a shareholder at Parsons Behle & Latimer, specializing in real estate and complex commercial litigation. He also maintains a practice in Utah liquor licensing.
Mr. Petrogeorge received his B.A. in political science and criminal justice from Gonzaga University in 1997. He received his J.D. from the University of Utah College of Law in 2000 and is a member of the Order of the Coif. During law school, Mr. Petrogeorge was a William H. Leary Scholar and, upon graduation, received the West Group Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award for best overall scholastic performance. He served as a member of the Utah Law Review, was awarded the Stephen P. Traynor Outstanding Legal Writing Award for his piece entitled Reasonable Investment-Backed Expectations, and was a member of the University of Utah's 1999-2000 National Moot Court team, receiving the award for Best Brief and Best Oralist at the regional rounds of competition.
Mr. Petrogeorge served as a law clerk for the Honorable Stephen H. Anderson on the United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals from September 2001 through August 2002.
Mr. Petrogeorge currently serves on the Steering Committee for the United Way of Salt Lake Young Leader's program, and is past Chair of its Events and Public Relation Sub-Committee. Mr. Petrogeorge served on the Executive Committee for the Litigation Section of the Utah State Bar from 2001-2009, seving as it's chair in 2007-2008. Mr. Petrogeorge has also served on the Head Start Bloom Planning Committee for Salt Lake CAP Head Start for the past four years, serves on the Community Adisory Board for Salt Lake CAP Head Startm is a Trustee for the Valley Mental Health Foundation, and graduated from the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Utah Class of 2008.
Mr. Petrogeorge is a member of Parsons Behle & Latimer’s Recruiting Committee, is Chair of the Litigation department's Real Estate Practice Group and served as Chair of the firm's Associate Relations Committee for three years before becoming a shareholder.
Related Activities and Skills:
· Trustee, Valley Mental Health Foundation, 2008 - present
· Chair, Litigation department's Real Estate Practice Group, Parsons Behle & Latimer, Januar 2010-present
· Chair, United Way of Salt Lake Young Leaders Events and Public Relations Committee, July 2008 - July 2010
· Member, United Way of Salt Lake Young Leaders Steering Council, 2007 - present
· Co-Chair, Utah State Bar Annual Meeting Planning Committee, 2005
· Chair, Litigation Section of the Utah State Bar, 2007 2008
· Member, Head Start Bloom Planning Committees, Salt Lake CAP Head Start, 2007-2010
· Barrister of the Bench, David K. Watkiss Sutherland Inn of Court II
Awards and Recognitions:
· Utah Legal Elite, Utah Business Magazine, 2006 and 2007
· Rising Star, Mountain States Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008, 2009, and 2010
· Future Star, Benchmark Litigation Magazine, 2009
Litigation & Appeals