Applications for the J.D. program will be available September 1. Completed applications must be submitted online through www.LSAC.org by March 10 to be considered on time. Financial Aid applications should be submitted by April 1.
September 1, 2018 – Application available
October 19, 2018 – Early Decision* application deadline
November 9, 2018 – Early Decision* admission notification
January 15, 2019 – Recommended Application completion date
March 10, 2019 – Application completion deadline
*Early decision is a new application process for the 2018-19 admission cycle. The early decision application is binding; thus, if you apply, and you are subsequently admitted, you commit to enroll at and attend the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law. If you submit your completed early decision application by October 19, you will be notified of your application status by November 9.
A file will be considered complete when the following have been received and processed:
- S.J. Quinney College of Law application submitted through the LSAC website
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score
- Personal statement
- Official Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report (CAS reports must include transcripts from all colleges or universities ever attended, regardless of credits being transferred or applied toward degree requirements. This includes college or university transcripts from high school concurrent enrollment programs.)
- Non-refundable $60 application fee
- One Letter of Recommendation
- For international applicants, foreign transcript evaluation from LSAC and a TOEFL score (if necessary)
- Preferred, but not required: One LSAC Evaluation